It can be especially difficult to get rid of fat from the face and neck compared to other areas of the body. When starting a regular exercise routine, usually the first fat to go away is your stomach. The face and neck are almost always the most resistant to going out. If your goal is to thin your neck and accentuate your jaw line, you’ll need a little more patience.
To lose face and neck fat it is necessary to have a good strategy. This includes some dietary adjustments and a well-crafted exercise program. Additionally, there are some exercises that will punctually favor your neck muscles, making your skin more elastic and toned. It is important to stress that a balanced diet and exercise program are necessary for effective weight loss; one will not be the same without the other.
Below, we’ll give you some diet and exercise tips that will help you slim your face and neck.
Diet Tips to thin your face and neck
A balanced diet is essential for weight loss for the entire body, including the face and neck.
- Eat less calories than you burn
To start losing weight you should be on a diet that includes between 500 and 1000 calories a day. Your body needs to take in fewer calories than it expends to burn the extra fat you have all over your body. You don’t need to go too fast to reach your goal, as this can negatively impact your metabolism. Eat as many calories as possible for your age, gender, and activity level, and exercise as many days a week as possible for best results.
- Drink plenty of water
Drinking an adequate amount of water daily is one of the keys to weight loss success. Dehydration can slow down your metabolism and that’s the last thing you want when your goal is to lose weight. In addition, being well improves your skin’s elasticity, leaving it smoother and more toned, which positively affects the appearance of your face and neck.
- Limit sugar consumption
Consume less sugar, stop taking sodas and energy drinks, and don’t add sugar to your coffee or tea. Avoid processed and processed foods. Increase your intake of natural sugars by eating more fruit.
- Limit the consumption of saturated fats and eliminate trans fat
To limit the consumption of fats, it is ideal to exclude red meat and processed foods. Also avoid any product that contains hydrogenated vegetable fats.
- Eat proteins
Protein intake is critical for anyone looking to lose fat. Good sources are milk, wholegrain products, soy derivatives, grains, seeds and nuts in general.
- Eat whole grains
Whole grains are rich in fiber and other nutrients that improve digestion and fat loss. Good options are oatflakes, brown rice, barley and buckwheat (which doesn’t get the attention you deserve, but you should try it!)
- Eat many fresh vegetables
Some vegetables are extremely beneficial in weight loss and stimulate collagen production, which makes your skin appear more elastic and smooth. This includes tomatoes, red peppers, dark green leaves, sweet potatoes, carrots and pumpkin.
- Change the way you cook
Most of us love fried foods, but they don’t help with fat loss. Replace fried foods with baked goods. Also, stop adding salt to your food: too much sodium tails water retention, which makes your face look even fuller. Use spices and herbs to flavor your dishes.
Exercise Tips to Lose Face and Neck Fat
Regular exercise is another crucial part of localized fat loss.
Here are some recommendations from the CDC, a US agency for disease control and prevention, with regard to physical exercise in adulthood:
- All adults should avoid inactivity. Some physical activity is always better than none. Adults who exercise gain many health benefits.
- For substantial health gains, adults should exercise for at least 150 minutes a week at moderate intensity or 75 minutes a week of vigorous exercise or an equivalent combination of moderate and vigorous exercise. Aerobic activities should be done for at least 10 minutes and preferably throughout the week.
- For additional health benefits, adults should include 5 hours a week of moderate-intensity physical activity and increased aerobic exercise or 150 minutes of vigorous exercise per week, or an equivalent in a combination of moderate and vigorous exercise.
- Adults should also engage in activities that involve stretching muscles of moderate to high intensity and exercise most muscle groups twice or more a week, as these activities offer additional health gains.
Additionally, there are some other things you can do to lose face and neck fat. One of those things is correcting your posture. But what is the relevance of this? When we are sitting in a very stooped posture, this can weaken our neck muscles and feel like we have a double chin. Pay attention to your posture also when using smartphones and tablets.
Last but not least, the formula of success to lose the fat is located in the neck and face is patience and persistence. Eat right, exercise regularly, keep the correct posture and you will quickly notice the results!